Bed Bugs do not carry any danger to man,it is basically a nuisance. They usually work at night when you are sleeping and the bite is painless. Most people do not react to them but there are a few individuals who will be allergic to their saliva resulting in welts, itching and swelling. The typical lifespan is 10 months and can survive for weeks without feeding.
How to get rid of "BED BUGS?"
- wrapping in big plactic containers infected mattress or small items to suffocate the bed bugs
- expose the mattress to intense cold or heat or you can wrap it in special plastic bags to get rid of the bedbugs
- wash all bedsheets, clothes and curtains in hot water on a regular basis
- vacuum and steam-clean carpets
- use insecticides for household use only with "pyrethins" as an active ingredient
- do not bring in old mattresses and box spring sets and old furniture which can harbor the bed bugs (if you must try to inspect the seams of the mattress inside the box)
- seal all cracks and crevices in the house which are hiding places for the bug
- using a hot blow dry aim this at the crevices to force the bugs out
They are one of the most difficult things to treat because they can hide very well. If all fails call the pest control guy.